Councillor, Strand Ward, Hobsons Bay
It was always going to be a unique election. Held right in the middle of a lockdown in Victoria during Covid-19, the council and everyone in Hobsons Bay will face unique challenges to get back on track once we are allowed to get on with our lives. Businesses will need help to recover, marginalised and isolated members of our community will need help having their voice heard. I believe I am uniquely placed to help lead our recovery to thrive in the future with over 30 years working with community organisations and small businesses. I support the election of local women to represent our community in key issues.
Strand Ward includes the townships of Williamstown, Williamstown North, Newport, Spotswood, South Kingsville and part of Altona North.
PAMELA SUTTON-LEGAUD supports:
- A community-led small business recovery. Small business is the lifeblood of Hobsons Bay. I will use my extensive experience to help businesses recover and thrive in the new COVID-normal. I’ll support cuts in business red tape and reduced costs.
- A more sustainable Hobsons Bay Industrial Land Management Strategy. I will strive for better use of industrial land.
- Fair and effective use of our rates
- More green spaces. I advocate for more green spaces and support the Urban Forest strategy for more trees right across Hobsons Bay.
- Sustainable and efficient waste management. Keep recycling going! I support reduced use of plastic packaging to minimise land fill.
- Better communication about key issues. I believe we should all be included in the conversation about what matters to us. Let’s be inclusive and use more communication channels to reach more people. I’ll visit our community groups to hear your concerns.
- An innovative Bike Hub & Bike Plan for Hobsons Bay bike repairs, bike donations and improved rider safety.
- More equitable use of community spaces – helping community groups grow.
- Preservation of heritage buildings to maintain Hobsons Bay’s character.
- More mental health services for young people and families within Hobsons Bay for a healthier community.
- Support for artists in Hobsons Bay. As a keen photographer, painter and writer myself, I support funding for our arts community to keep Hobsons Bay creative.